Sunday 3 February 2013

Under the Winter Sun

4 - Under the Winter Sun

"Describe a day at the beach."



     The beach is an awesome place to be at. The cool breeze, the sand between your toes, the scent of the ocean, the sun in your face, and you're just chilling out with a cool drink and some good friends. It doesn't get any better than that.


     The last time I was at the beach was during the holidays, last December 26, 2012. I know, for some it's kinda unusual to go to the beach during Christmas Season, but for me, the beach is timeless. It is not seasonal, though most people go there during the summer to cool off. For me, I feel like I can go there anytime of the year.

     I went back to Negros during the holidays. I met up with my friends the day after Christmas. Then, for some random random reason, I suggested that we go to the beach, i don't even know why. I just felt like going to the beach since I rarely get to go to one here in Manila. Anyways, the day started off with my friends picking me up form my place. We drove in my friends car for 20 minutes. ROAD TRIP!!! Just like the old days. It was really fun. I haven't seen my friends for more than six months, so we had a lot of catching up to do. When we got to the beach, we just sat down and ate first, since it was already noon. Then after a few conversations, we started having some drinks, like we usually do. We put on some music. And after a while, we went for a swim. It was pretty awesome because the sea, wasn't really as calm as it is during summer when because there was a storm coming in by the time we went in the water. The waves were huge and it started to drizzle but we still kept on swimming. Eventually, we went out of the water. Since it was getting dark, we just went home because it was also starting to rain harder.


     Nothing much really happened that day. We just went to the beach, ate, had a couple of drinks, swam in the ocean, sat, talked, laughed and played. It was still pretty fun and awesome though. It was very relaxing and I got to be with my friends. I needed that break from the hectic and stressful city life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment