Saturday 19 January 2013

The Bright Side

2 - The Bright Side

"Write about an experience  in a hospital."



     HOSPITAL, a lot of people worry when they hear that word. People think that being in it sucks. Maybe because they think it's eerie or something. It kinda is though, just the fact that some people actually die there is just creepy. What some people don't realize though, is that you can actually have a lot of fun in it. If you know how. I mean, it sucks that you got sick and all, but the least you could do is try to look at the bright side.

     One morning when I was still a junior in high school, I went to school with a pain in my neck, thinking that it was just from the way I slept or something. I was actually sick. I just didn't know it yet. During lunch period at school, my friends noticed how pale I was and asked if I was okay. I replied that I was feeling dizzy. So, they took me to the school clinic. When the nurse took my temperature, it was over 40°C, so, I was sent home. Then, in the evening it got even higher, so my mum decided to take me to the hospital. 

     During my first day in the hospital, I felt pretty neutral about it, with all the medicine I had to take and hourly check ups. Not to mention I was still pretty sick, that's why I just felt like a vegetable. As the days went by, I got better and better, but I was still in the hospital, because I was still under observation, so I got bored. I looked for ways to pass the time and entertain myself. If you ask the nurses, the doctors and the other people who were there, they'd say I was in bed the whole day. That's what I wanted them to think though. You know what they say, "When the cat's away, the mouse will play." I was alone in the room most of the time. I ate a lot of things that weren't part of my "prescribed" diet. I kept walking around the room doing all the random things I can think of. I kept singing loudly in my room, you could probably hear it in the hall. This one time, my mum walked in, and I pretended like I was paralyzed and stuff, I think it kind of freaked her out a bit. I did a lot more crazy things that time. It was pretty fun despite all the bad tasting medicine I had to take, how I can barely move my hand because I had a tube stuck in my wrist and stuff. On the bright side, there was no school for me, the bed was really comfortable, there was cable t.v., a fridge with loads of food, the room was airconditioned, I got served with even more food and  I did crazy random things. That's how my stay at the hospital went. I had fun. Eventually, I got better and I had to leave the hospital.

     I'm not saying that if you want to have fun, go get admitted to a hospital or something. What I'm trying to say is, whatever may happen to you in life, always try to look at the brighter side of things. Who knows, you might just find it in the place you least expect it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment