Saturday 16 February 2013

Comedic Genius

6 - Comedic Genius

"Who is the person alive today that you would most like to meet and talk to? "


     Rowan Sebastian Atkinson, an English actor, comedian and screenwriter who is best known for his works on the sitcoms, Mr. Bean and Blackadder.

Rowan Atkinson as Edmund Blackadder
     I have been watching Rowan Atkinson for as long as I could remember. This guy is a freaking genius. I mean, to be able to make three generations laugh their pants off without even uttering a single word, is surely something to be proud of. Unfortunately, some people think that he is actually dumb or stupid, because of his role as Mr. Bean, though they still find it funny, which is kind of sad, because, they're clouded by this judgement to see how much of a genius Rowan actually is. He doesn't really get much respect from other people, they don't even know his real name, a lot of people just know him as Mr. Bean. Though Mr. Bean, was one of his greatest works that made him famous, some misunderstood the humor it conveyed by thinking that the guy is actually dumb. He is not dumb, he just has a different way in solving his problems. Mr. Bean, is not the only thing he has done though, he has done a lot of acts and performances that are actually pretty funny and awesome. To name a few, there's, Blackadder, Not the Nine 'o Clock News, Canned laughter and some live stand up comedy shows. He is pretty good at portraying vicars in his acts. One of my favorites is his performance in "We are most amused", check it out. 



     To be able to talk to him, would be such a great honor. I mean, Rowan Atkinson is one of the greatest comedic geniuses of all time, to meet him in person would already be a great honor. I have been a big fan ever since I watched more of his performances, old and new. 

     If I could talk to him and ask him anything, I'd probably ask him the following, "What is it like to be one of the greatest comedic genius of all time? How do most people react when they see you on the street? Which performance made a huge impact on your life? Will you make me your apprentice and teach me your ways? (I'm already asking questions, I'll ask this that one just for the heck of it. Who knows, he might say YES? LOL)

   To talk to the voluptuous Rowan Atkinson would be such a great honor. That would be awesome. Maybe someday, I hope

No comments:

Post a Comment