Friday 5 April 2013

A New Beginning.

14 - A New Beginning

"Write about moving to another city."



     In the 16 years of my existence, I have always lived in one place, good old San Carlos City. A very peaceful and quiet place in the province of Negros Occidental. Though I have lived in other places but only for vacations and recreational purposes, not actually live there. In terms of actually moving to another city and living there, I have never lived anywhere else but San Carlos City, until I started college.

a picture I took from the roof top of the condominium.

     Last May of 2012, I moved to Manila, because I was going to go to school here. I was with my uncle, my brother and my cousin on the way to Manila. Getting here, was actually quite a journey, because instead of just taking a plane like most people would, since it's much faster, we took boats and land trips, because my uncle brought his car. When we got here, it was just me, my brother and my uncle living together in a condominium in Taguig, since my cousin had his own place somewhere in Parañaque. A week later, my uncle had to leave because he got this job in another country. So, it was just me and my brother left, the two amigos.

     I kind of found it cool that I get to spend time with my brother because I rarely got to spend time with him in the past four years because he was in college here and I was back there. So yeah, I guess my move here got me closer to my brother, which is pretty cool. During the summer though, we didn't really do much. Most of the time we would just stay at home, play World of Warcraft or watch movies. On a productive day, we would go out to the pool and swim. Sometimes, if there are any cool, new movies showing in the cinemas, we would go out and watch them. Then, on the third week of May, we went to Asia Pacific College to get me enrolled. I didn't really take any entrance exams at other schools or considered going to other schools for that matter. Mainly because I was too lazy and APC was where my brother graduated from and I heard it was good, so, I just went with it. I'm happy to say though, that I have no regrets going to APC. Anyway, after I was enrolled, there was only one thing left to do, wait for school to start. My brother already had a job at that time, which meant he wasn't going to be there to take me to places and teach me stuff all the time. So I had to be independent, which I never really had trouble with. 

     After my brother started working, I had to do stuff on my own. This is where I realized and learned how the big city actually is. How fast pacing, hectic, and stressful it can be. It was a completely new environment for me. You could barely find any place that you can just chill and just get away from the fast pacing, hectic, stressful city environment. Well, technically, there are some, but after a short moment, you have to face the city environment again. So yeah, the thing I learned here, or I had to learn, is proper time management and stuff like that, especially when school started.

     In the beginning of the school year, I had trouble with time, since I had to wake up early because of travel time to school. If I had a 9:30 am class, I had to leave the house at around 8 o' clock because you'll never know what might delay you on your way there. Sometimes, I would still be late. Okay, not sometimes, most of the time, but I got pass that now. That was just the least of my concerns; new school, new set of subjects, new teachers and new people to meet. Usually, if it's just the start of school, I tend to be very quiet and isolated. I don't really know why, but I think maybe it's because it takes some time for me to get comfortable with the new people I meet, I think everybody does. Eventually though, I did manage to make some friends, a lot actually. I was glad that they also helped in making it easier for me to adjust and stuff. I mean, everyone was trying to adjust in their own way.

     So, moving to another city might be a big change and all, but if you actually think about it, it's actually pretty awesome. You get to experience new things, meet new people and stuff like. It's like you're expanding your network or something like. If you're worried about fitting in or adapting to the whole new environment though, don't. I mean, we're human beings, it's biologically built in us. We adapt to survive. Just relax and think of it as a new beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment